EDI via AS2 - Setup & Testing
How EDI via AS2 Works
Documents are prepared in a standard EDI format to be sent over AS2
The document is packaged to send via AS2 using three layers of transmission:
Compression – A document may be compressed using a compression algorithm to reduce the size of the data being transferred
Signature – Sender signs the document using the exchanged certificates and keys to ensure data integrity
Encryption - The data is typically encrypted using the receiver's public encryption key, so only the proper recipient will be able to extract the document
The data is transmitted securely over HTTP/S. A Message Disposition Notification (MDN) is returned to the sender confirming receipt.
The document is then passed by the AS2 receiver system to any backend process that handles the data. The next systems and workflows perform any additional business logic and make the document available to business users.
The sender receives the MDN and validates the receipt signature and completes any other configured data integrity checks that confirm the successful delivery transaction.
Upon receiving the document at the receiver’s end, the document is decrypted using the receiver’s private key and then verified by using the sender’s public key and finally the document will be decompressed
The receiving organization uses AS2 or EDI software to extract the message and send message confirmation receipts such as the MDN and EDI functional acknowledgment (997) to the sender.
Benefits of using a EDI Service Provider like Commport for AS2 Connectivity
- Reduce costs by leveraging a specialist in internet-based EDI document transfer
- Add more trading partners with lower costs and universal web connectivity
- Gain the flexibility to connect to your partners and customers using their preferred methodology without significant infrastructure expenses.
- Avoid expenses of implementing and supporting the needed high availability communications including considerations such as software, hardware, firewalls and in-house technical expertise to implement and maintain AS2 yourself
- Eliminate manual order processing
- Eliminate errors by turning manual processes into automated processes
- Unlimited EDI data transfer with no practical limitations on transaction sizes
- 24/7 connectivity with minimal downtime
- By using your EDI service provider, you can comply with AS2 mandates
- The service provider will handle the exchange of AS2 setup information and complete the testing AS2 setup testing for you and your trading partners.
- Documents are exchanged in real-time
- Your provider will take care of the entire AS2 infrastructure, security, and skills required to manage the AS2 connectivity
Commport offers a variety of flexible pricing options
Please contact our sales team to get a free quote today!