Join our team of innovative professionals and let’s build our future together.
E-commerce continues to be a high growth market and our leadership teams' entrepreneurial spirit is energized by the challenge to continue as leaders within our industry. Commport believes that empowering our employees to grow and develop opens doors for the future of our team, our business and our clients. We encourage collaboration and innovation to continue to provide our clients with the newest technological advancements in EDI, VAN and GDSN solutions.
We are continuously interested in talented individuals who want to progress their careers and make a difference to our business. If you have a passion for customer service, computer programming, and technology, and a desire to achieve great results within a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment - we'd like to hear from you.
Submit Your Resume & Cover Letter
Reporting to the VP, Business, Marketing and Sales, the Sales Representative possesses proven expertise in selling Software as a Service (SaaS), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and/or systems integration, ideally within the context of Supply Chain. The Sales Representative must work toward meeting and exceeding his or her sales forecasts and requirements, as well as supporting efforts by other members of the sales team to achieve overall corporate sales forecasts.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops leads into Opportunities and builds relationships with potential clients to generate new business for Commport.
- Negotiates and closes deals by understanding, building, and delivering client value propositions.
- Creates or adjusts content of sales presentations to suit the needs of the target enterprise, working with marketing team to ensure adherence to corporate standards.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and changing market conditions.
- Submits orders following practices and procedures as outlined in the corporate handbook.
- Keeps management informed of activity and follows defined sales and order generation process by using internal applications such as MS Dynamics.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by working with CSM’s as required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Manages new contract negotiations and new business development initiatives, working as needed with the VP, Business, Marketing and Sales and other sales team members.
- Travels domestically and internationally when required to support key sales presentations to partners and customers.
- Forecasts and achieves personal annual sales targets in compliance with corporate sales forecasts.
- Maintains an acceptably high level of both monthly and daily sales activity which support company’s revenue objectives.
- New revenue generating strategic partnership development and management.
- Contributes to the company’s documented functional department tactical plan implementation, tracking and compliance.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and staff to enhance a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Attends weekly and monthly sales meetings and educational activities to improve competitive and business process knowledge as well as professional selling skills.
*All other duties as assigned.
- Energetic, outgoing personality with a desire to succeed
- Tech-savvy - uses technology to improve customer collaboration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – verbal and written
- Ambitious go-getter with strong organization and presentation skills
- Prospecting expert
- Ability to interact with people and build a network of customers
- Open to new ideas, methods, and perspectives
- Operate both independently and as part of a team
- Must be coachable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Communications, International Relations or equivalent required, MBA an asset
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in sales, account management, and/or business development roles in a B2B environment in the technology industry
- SaaS software sales experience is a definite asset
- Entrepreneurial drive and track record of success in building new revenue channels
- Ability to travel is required on occasion (for trade shows and for sales)
- Accustomed to speaking in front of large groups, and in presenting analysis to executive level clients and decision-makers
- Strong negotiation skills, a financial acumen, and the ability to manage profitability
- Demonstrate ability to build strong professional relationships with key business executives (internal and external)
- Conversant and knowledgeable about technology, trends and how technology is being applied to address business challenges
- Proficient at sales pipeline and budget management
- Experience working with CRM’s – Microsoft Dynamics is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Bilingualism is considered a definite asset
- RCMP Criminal Background Check required (for Secure B Reliability Status)
Help Desk Representative
Reporting to the Director, EDI Services, the Help Desk Representative is primarily responsible for providing stellar customer service via phone calls and emails, to customers who require technical support of our various solutions.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responds to Customer Inquiries by monitoring the incoming Help Desk email queue at all times, documenting and tracking all communication pertaining to the issue/request, responding to customer’s requests within defined timeframes, and ensuring completion of an issue if it has been escalated for resolution.
- Handles Internal Alerts by monitoring the alert system at all times, documenting and tracking all activity pertaining to that alert and working with customers or coworkers to determine a solution.
- Sets up Customer/Trading Partner relationships.
- Performs EDI Analysis.
- Communicates with other departments to achieve resolutions as needed.
- Consistently documents and reviews handling of support requests and proactively assesses for opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for communicating through a support request from initiation to completion.
- Initiates internal Emergency Notifications when processes are down and customers are impacted.
- Understands EDI, XML, positional and delimited flat file, and other file structures in order to investigate errors and perform compliance and regression testing on new implementations and integration projects.
- Tracks and Traces: monitors email and system alerts and utilizes basic knowledge of communication protocols including FTP and AS2 for troubleshooting with customers, trading partners, and other service providers to resolve the cause of the alerts.
- Utilizes strong problem solving skills, proprietary tools and process flow diagrams for track and trace requests to locate missing transactions and identify the cause of the issue.
- Follows provided escalation plans for issues that cannot be resolved.
- Enters all support tasks into Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for tracking. Creates and is assigned cases and activities, logs notes and follow-ups, monitors cases to ensure timely responses and closes completed activities and cases.
- Finds and shares documentation utilizing Microsoft SharePoint collaboration software.
* All other duties as assigned.
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication: verbal and written, internal and external
- Problem Solving
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork: excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
- Organization and planning
- Stress and time management skills
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required, university or college degree in a related field preferred (Technology, Business...); or,
- A minimum of 2 years Customer Service/Call Centre experience, preferably in a technical environment
- Must be able to troubleshoot and provide stellar customer service via phone and email
- Basic understanding of EDI, XML, positional and delimited flat file, and other file structures are an asset
- Ability to follow provided escalation plans
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with MS Dynamics (or other CRM) is an asset
- Attention to detail, initiative and reliability
- Must reside in Canada to be eligible for this role