Why is it important to have a single source EDI provider?
What is an EDI Provider?
EDI provider is any company that makes available EDI services or software. EDI providers can concentrate on services, like EDI VAN and EDI Service Bureaus, or they can concentrate on providing EDI software. Some EDI providers may focus on specific vertical markets while others may provide software or services for specific company types - like enterprise organizations or small and mid-sized businesses. EDI providers enable businesses to transfer standardized data to and from the members of their business communities and their relationships.
An EDI provider should deliver agility, visibility, and transparency to enable governance, on-boarding, management, and visibility processes for its clients, all while demonstrating how EDI can be a revenue-generation engine that streamlines business processes.
Types of EDI Providers
EDI AS2 Providers
With AS2 (applicability statement 2) providers, data such as EDI, XML, and others are sent and received via the internet using an HTTP protocol (TCP/IP) through a certified server. AS2 provides a superior method for sending data securely and directly from one source to another. AS2 creates a securely encrypted process, with no costly annual or transaction fees for unlimited data. Today, AS2 is considered the best way to integrate with trading partners and has been widely implemented across many industries.
AS2 can handle any type of file format and requires message disposition/delivery notifications (MNDs) to alert a trading partner when a document or data has been delivered or received.
EDI VAN Providers
EDI VAN (value-added network) delivers EDI transactions through a single connection. A hosted EDI VAN service enables the communication between a traditional VAN and a private network or internet-connected trading partner. a VAN is a communication channel that moves and manages data from point A to point B. In a VAN, trading partners each possess a mailbox as data is delivered between each mailbox.
This streamlined method is meant to lower the document-by-document processing costs by way of a centralized system with real-time tracking, communication management, multiple connectivity options, local data integration, and rapid message delivery.
What to Look for In an EDI Provider
End to end supply chain visibility is transparency at all stages of supply chain management from procurement through delivery of finished goods to customers. EDI service providers must provide dashboards for business and technical users to gain customer insight and intelligence and make more informed business decisions.
Support for Any Standard or Format
It is so important that your EDI vendor can support any standards or formats that you need. This means complying with ANSI X12, EDIFACT, and Tradacoms standards but also supporting other non-EDI formats, including XML, CSV, and JSON files to serve your customers and partners in all the ways they want to communicate.
Automated Business Processes
When organizations rely on manual data entry employees spend countless hours on manual tasks that are at a higher risk of errors and prohibit them from focusing on core business objectives. Modern integration technology enables seamless business to business communication and EDI order processing that doesn’t require human intervention. Your EDI technology should be helping you accelerate the order-to-cash process using pre-configured EDI maps, rather than holding you back.
Minimized SLA Fines, Penalties
Missed customer SLAs and mounting EDI compliance violations can lead to costly charge backs and other financial penalties. Maybe your system is creating ASN errors or fails to send acknowledgements, these errors often require manual intervention and further hold up the process. A leading third-party EDI service provider eliminates these errors and will provide alerts and notifications for events and even non-events when an expected document hasn’t arrived. This reduces operational latency and other errors that lead to customer dissatisfaction and costly SLA penalties.
Expedited Trading Partner On-boarding
One of the very helpful benefits of modernizing your EDI environment is that it helps make your business easy to do business with. The partner onboarding process can help you automate the creation of partner profiles and trading partner agreements (TPAs). The administrator obtains details about the partner either from the business user who identified the partner as a prospective trading partner.
Why Choose Commport as your Single Source EDI Provider
Commport is dedicated to providing our clients with the best business interface solutions. Discover how our commitment to innovation, client relationships and excellence can benefit you.
- Comprehensive & Adaptable Service | Commport’s extensive services encompass all your needs by providing the right components for your business. Whether it includes EDI, VAN, and/or GDSN, you can find everything you need in one place at a reasonable cost. Our services can expand or contract with your business to keep your costs down and your business efficiencies high.
- Longevity & Experience | We have been in the business since 1985, and are one of North America’s original EDI network providers. Commport’s team has the knowledge you need to help you make the right decisions for your business. Put our experience to work for you.
- Client Satisfaction | Building relationships with our clients is at the foundation of our strategy for creating client satisfaction. Strong relationships allow us to provide you with the best service to meet your business needs, resulting in long-term partnerships. Read our customer testimonials.
- Innovation & Direct Service | Our products and services are created and serviced by our knowledgeable team. We are not a reseller of other products, but an innovative pioneer that will always ensure we offer the best and latest technology to give you a competitive edge.
- Stability of Ownership | Our ownership has remained stable for over 25 years. We are a strong independent service provider who will be here to serve your business today and in the years to come.
Ready to find out more about Commport EDI Solutions?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!