20 Benefits of EDI Outsourcing
EDI outsourcing is the process of having a third-party company like Commport Communications manage a part or entire process of using EDI to exchange data with trading partners
By outsourcing your EDI to Commport, you set yourself free to focus on your business and what you do best. EDI outsourcing means that you will not need to make any investment in EDI software, nor will you have to directly manage the EDI aspect of your relationship with your customer, including large retail clients.
EDI outsourcing is also suitable if you have implemented a fully integrated EDI-compliant system but still have partners who want to send you faxes. Commport’s managed EDI Service Bureau can be your clearinghouse for fax automation. We can process all your paper-based documents and generate their electronic equivalents in the format of your preference for electronic integration.
Commport’s Service Bureau offers managed EDI services built on our strength and expertise. We will receive your purchase orders at our office and forward them to you via fax or email. You simply fulfill the order and send the details of the shipment back to us. We’ll enter this information for you and send it on to your end customer.
Commport’s Service Bureau is your path to growth. From managed EDI to EDI Web Forms and fully integrated data processing, Commport has the solution to fit your business.
Here is the list of 20 EDI outsourcing benefits
- Fax-to-EDI/EDI-to-Fax solutions for everyday business transactions such as Purchase Orders (850), PO Changes (865), Invoices (810), Advanced Ship Notices (856), and Remittance Advice (820)
- Fax-to-EDI/EDI-to-Fax for specialty partners, industries, and transactions for example the JC Penney Routing Instructions (753/754), Planning Schedule (830), and the ability to create an ASN based on the planning schedule for Just-In-Time logistics partners (Automotive).
- Blended options enabling you to send/receive some documents electronically while faxing others.
- Easy to read reports for all transactions processed by the Service Bureau
- Packing instructions to accurately convey how your shipment has been prepared
- Comprehensive VAN Services with global connections carried on the Commport Network
- Products and services to support your EDI needs now, and as you grow
- UCC-128 labels for all shipping documents (can be made available for print at your location or can be couriered to you as a part of the service)
- Minimize IT / operational costs
- Ensure EDI efficiency and compliance
- Resolve critical issues quickly
- Quickly add trading partners
- Manage partner’s requirements
- Scale your EDI infrastructure when your business grows
- Maintain secure EDI communications across your business and with all your partners
- You always have access to the latest technology, as the service provider’s business depends on ensuring it offers the most up-to-date facilities
- As you are connecting with external systems, the provider facilitates the community enablement process as well as offers value-added services to enable you to trade worldwide
- Increase business agility by giving you a means to quickly enter new markets and territories
- Increase business productivity by delivering a new level of information about your performance and that of your supply chain and your business partners
- With fully managed EDI service you can re-allocate resources to more strategic activities
Ready to find out more Commport EDI Outsorcing Services?
Get a Free Quote Now!